Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two posts in a week?

I was recently asked the question, "What's on your needles?" And I thought I'd take this opportunity to talk about knitting something you hate. I'm currently working on a pair of socks for myself. The pattern is easy, it looks pretty, and don't have to invest too much brain power into it. I rather like these socks. I like knitting them. However, I also have another project going... the dreaded hat for my mother. I hate knitting this hat. I hated it before I even started it. The hat itself is perfectly fine and I have no issues with the pattern or designer or anyone who chooses to make/wear the hat. But. I. Hate. Knitting. This. Hat. There's no specific reason I can point to that makes me hate the hat, but I do. Oh, I'll finish it (eventually). And hopefully it will fit my mother's head. And hopefully she will like it- she picked out the pattern and yarn so she should like it. So I ask you- Have you ever knitted something that you just detested but you kept plugging away because someone asked you to knit it for them?

2 comments:

  1. not yet, but you know how little i really knit. if it wasn't for pages and stitches i probably wouldn't be knitting at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I have a tendency to get bored while knitting--- like too much garter or stockinette; I like a bit of lace to keep my interest, otherwise I get bored then find it hard to knit an item

    ReplyDelete